MoveOn members, we did it! Collectively, tens of millions of members mobilized voters in big numbers, prevented a pink wave, held the Senate, helped win essential governor and secretary of state races, and helped defend progressive champions within the Home. Our actions contributed to essentially the most profitable midterm election for the celebration in energy in a long time—bucking historical past, defeating many hardcore MAGA extremists, and defending democracy.
Many elements performed into this election’s outcomes—and you may be proud that you simply have been a part of a group that contributed in impactful methods the place it mattered most. Early evaluation reveals our technique focused the correct set of voters with a resonant array of messages. Briefly, the oldsters who helped result in Democrats’ electoral success have been a few of the very folks our program centered on and have been motivated by the problems we centered.
Which means each name, textual content, focused digital advert, and make contact with with voters contributed to a number of razor-thin victories that have been decisive this election.
Right here’s a few of what we achieved collectively:
- We ran the most important relational organizing program within the nation and particularly recruited MoveOn members to mobilize 240,000 folks they knew personally to vote in essentially the most essential states.
- Grassroots MoveOn donors gave $1.5 million immediately for Senate, Home, gubernatorial, and secretary of state candidates—a few of whom beat the most important election deniers within the nation.
- MoveOn supporters gave our knowledge scientists, researchers, and organizers the sources to establish and goal and attain 4.3 million “surge voters”—first-time voters in 2018 and 2020 who could agree with progressive causes however have been much less more likely to vote in 2022.
- We held 9 rallies in battleground states with Sen. Bernie Sanders, NextGen America and Working Households Get together to mobilize and prove youth voters in swing states.
- By way of adverts, social media, emails, texts, and MoveOn members’ advocacy, we pushed the problems of abortion rights and democracy safety entrance and middle.
Check out a few of the numbers behind our collective impression:
Thanks for all you probably did. From making a grassroots donation to spending a number of hours calling MoveOn members in swing districts, sharing hard-hitting content material on-line, becoming a member of our weekly Rallies for Democracy, taking part within the endorsement votes for the 85 candidates MoveOn members endorsed up and down the poll—every of those actions, and so many extra, contributed to MoveOn’s impression on these historic, consequential, and highly effective midterm election outcomes.
We didn’t win each race, and a GOP-led Home of Representatives will likely be a hotbed of MAGA conspiracy theorists and assaults on our freedoms. However we helped create a extra favorable political panorama for the subsequent two years, despatched a transparent nationwide message of rejection to MAGA’s extremism, and constructed momentum round points that matter deeply—and we’ll hold organizing round them within the weeks, months, and years to return.
Right here’s what our most quick work forward consists of:
- Going all-in to reelect Senator Raphael Warnock in Georgia—1000’s joined our Nov. 15 livestream (watch the recording right here) to kick off this system and started to enroll in phonebanking and vote tripling shifts to achieve Georgia voters. You may join phonebanking and vote tripling right here.
- A whole lot of 1000’s of MoveOn members took collective motion in response to Trump’s introduced candidacy for president in 2024—ordering “Make Trump Lose Once more” stickers to show visible opposition to Trump, signing petitions to name on networks to cease giving him free airtime and on officers to carry him accountable for his position within the rebel, and donating now to defeat Trump … once more.
MoveOn members pulled collectively for our largest midterm election program in our 24-year historical past. The stakes have been simply that top—and our power, engagement, and impression matched the second.
Thanks for being a part of this vibrant group that works for an America for all. Thanks for a way you participated up via Election Day—and your continued partnership as we advance collectively a world of justice, sustainability, equality, and love.